"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Monday, April 11, 2011

MAY DAY BASKET SWAP ARRIVES!


This morning I sealed my May Day 'Basket' in its box, and so now felt free to rip into (did I say I was eager?) my box which arrived Saturday. All I can say is WOW! Cindy F. made me a cute mat to put under my sewing machine. Hanging off the table are pockets to put my 'stuff'. She filled the pockets with cute embroidery scissors (I've bought those same ones for a swap once, but never for myself!), a color wheel type color selector (no, gadget girl me, didn't have one of those yet!), straw needles (which I use all the time and go through a lot, due to my vise grip on needles -- never could get that gentle touch!), a 'P' key ring (did she know my car key is separate, by itself, because my 'up-north' keys are on my other key ring?), a note pad (did she know I was making a list at JoAnns pattern table last week on an old receipt?), and M & Ms (I always carry those for sugar lows!). OK. Either she is a mind reader via the net or she has a spy following me!!!

Also, did I mention the great machine embroidery label on the back of the mat??? Oh my! I may have to fall in love with machine embroidery after all! I never thought about using it this way! Oh, the labels I could make! Hmmm........................

It's a good day here!





Swaps are so fun! Thanks Cindy!

4 comments:

Keep Stitchin' said...

Awesome! What a wonderful idea and what fun! Enjoy.

Raewyn said...

O Wow, what a great gift to receive; lots of yumminess!

Cyn said...

Oh, aren't you the lucky-ducky! Loads of new 'stuff' to stroke and play with.

Calicojoan said...

Great swap and every basket should come with M & M's!!!! :-)

It is on the list of all the sewing supplies you will ever need afterall... At least in my world!