"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Saturday, July 30, 2011

A GOOD DAY AT THE LIBRARY


What a treat I found at my local library today.  I had stopped in to check out a couple books on cd to listen to while quilting, which I did get.  But, bonus, at the entry, in the bin with freebies, throw aways, and swap magazines, was a treasure trove of American Quilter magazines from 1991 to 1993, as well as a few other magazines and a couple pattern books, and the cute cabin quilt pattern in the front.  These weren't library cast offs; someone had placed them there, as often people do with magazines instead of recycling them.  Usually it's a hodgepodge of issues about travel, dogs and cats, etc.  One person's trash is an other's treasure!  I have lots of treasure to page though now.  Yippie!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you.... that is treasure ..... I too was at my library 25 minutes before it closed... it is going to be closed for at least a month with no treasure....

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Love treasure hunts like that, where they just land in your lap.

Wacky Woman said...

SCORE!

Pat said...

What a great find! ENJOY!