"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

PUZZLING RUFFLED SCARVES

.
Have you seen the new yarns that knit up easily into ruffle scarves?  There are many brands.  I'm using Patons Pirouette.  The yarn is almost like a tape (not the sticky kind) and spreads out to creat the ruffles.  It only takes one ball of yarn.  Directions are on the wrapper, but more complete directions can be found here:
www.patonsyarns.com/PatonsPirouette


I also wanted to share the completed puzzle Carol and I did.  Something about this challenge was very addicting, and we didn't get much sewing done.  It's 1,000 pieces and 11.7" x 16.54", claimed to be "World's Smallest 1,000 Piece Puzzle" on the tin.  I picked up another one with a beach scene.

4 comments:

Wacky Woman said...

Oh yes, I have a couple from last winter. I heart them. Puzzle turned out cute. I have one somewhere; I should look for it.

Snippets of Carol said...

Wow, great job on the puzzle. Did you get the lighthouse done yet? I think your scarf should be done. lol. Enjoy it.

Raewyn said...

Lovely puzzle - and jigsaws can be so addictive - did you and Carol actually get any quilting done?! I do like the blue yarn you are using.

Cyn said...

Oh cool! I've always wanted to try one of these scarves. Thank you for the link.
Congrats of finishing the puzzle. Wow, that musta been a challenge!