"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

LAKE COUNTY QUILT GUILD


I haven't belonged to an in-person quilt guild since I left Saudi Arabia ('94).  That was the Dhahran Oasis Quilters and they were just starting up at that time.  I hear they are going strong now, and there's even a quilt shop in the Dammam-Al Khobar area, giving Al Zamil's competition.

Yesterday I joined the Lake County Quilt Guild.  My friend, Jodi, joined with me, and she used her embroidery machine to stitch our names for our name tags.  We got the kit from the guild, and just needed to stitch it up and add our names any way we chose. The guild pin is attached at the top.

The annual show is this Thursday and Friday, so we jumped right in and volunteered to hostess a two-hour time slot.  We will be the ladies in white gloves, greeting the visitors, discussing the quilts with them, reminding them only to touch with a gloved hand, etc.  The area I'm assigned to includes the children's entries.  Three of them are by five-year-olds.  I can't wait to see what they created and their write-ups too.

For a long time now I have considered my online yahoo quilt groups to be my guilds.  I still do, but now I have an in-person guild too.

2 comments:

Wacky Woman said...

Good for you Pat. Guilds need members. Particularly those willing to volunteer. I belong to and volunteer at two local guilds. That may sound like a lot; but, I love the women.

Snippets of Carol said...

Love your name tag. Have fun in the children's section.