"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Saturday, June 20, 2009

WOMEN OF THE BIBLE, LEAH, LOVER'S KNOT


I love the pieced version of this block where you really see the lover's knot.

But I also love applique. In this block I like the little crosses that create the overall pattern. This block was quite a challenge...getting the melons all the same, getting them to line up just right, working on the points, making the arks all flow. This block has taken time and patience!

All the time the block has taken reminds me of how long it took Leah to be loved by her husband. Even in giving him sons, he loved her sister and her children more. Yet in the end, we have evidence by her burial that Leah was loved by Jacob. Patience. It is hard, isn't it?

In choosing colors for this block, I used two shades of the same color. It reminds me of the sides of Leah, loving Jacob but not having that love returned.

3 comments:

Micki said...

I can see how the block would be a challenge. you did a great job!
Micki

Karen said...

I like your two shades choice for the block and how you liken it to Leah.

Elly D said...

This is a pretty block Pat and you made a lovely job of it with your two shades of purple.
I know what you mean about the palms. We don't have them here in the north of Scotland (except on Palm Sunday) but they are every where, where my mum lives in the south of Spain. Ellyx