Thursday, December 30, 2010
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Happy New Year to each of you! Wow! 2011! Amazing!
Do you make quilting resolutions at New Years? Sometimes I join UFO challenges, or One Project a Month type groups. But this year my quilty resolutions will be with myself to:
1. Make good use of what I already have.
2. Buy only what I really need and will use promptly.
3. Finish some things that are started.
4. Don't start more than I can finish.
5. I have several long-term projects in the works (Dear Jane, Sylvia's Bridal Sampler, Women of the Bible, and Vintage Valentine). My plan is not to add any more huge projects before progressing a ton on those.
6. Quilt my numerous flimsies (completed quilt tops)!
7. Get some of the men out of the closet. That would be "Bobs" or bags of blocks from exchanges. They need to be made into useful items.
8. Limit my number of those addicting block swaps. Oh, that's going to be a tough one!
That's probably enough for one quilter for one year!
Have a safe and fun holiday. Maybe find some time for some stitching too!