"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

VALENTINE MUG RUG

After finishing my coasters, I still had some valentine charms left so I decided to play with my Twist n' Stitch ruler.  This is similar to the Twister, but I can cut multiple sizes with this one ruler from June Tailor.

You do get quite a bit of waste (scraps) with this method, but some gals use the tiny pieces for smaller projects.  I just put mine in my scrap basket for applique.  You get a great looking product this way, and it's much easier and less complicated that the finish looks.
I also decided to get some practice with big-stitch quilting on this project.  I used a #8 perle cotton in pink.


This mug rug is on the large size, about 9 x 12, so there's plenty of room for a mug of coffee and a piece of cherry pie.  Yum!

Or a bowl of fresh grages and a cup of tea, to keep it on the healthy side.

I'll probably use it as a mat for some valentine/heart things I display in February.  Mug rugs are versatile!

4 comments:

Wacky Woman said...

I love them. So cute!

Snippets of Carol said...

Trying again. Cute rugs. Join in the next swap.

Snippets of Carol said...

Its me, the google problem, so you can enable again. Cute mug rugs.

Rosa Robichaud said...

Ooooooh.... a new twister ruler, Pat?!??

Do you like it?

I know I LOVE your cute mug rug!

Thanks for sharing!

Rosa