"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

HARRIET HARGRAVE

Continuing my post about my quilt retreat with Harriet Hargrave, this is her newest book, just out. It's the first of 4 in her Quilter's Academy series, Freshman Year. It's all about the basics of quilt making. It's for anyone just starting out, and for anyone wondering why their blocks aren't perfect every time. Why is it a tad short, wide, or wonky? While there are patterns in this book, it's really a skill builder, step-by-step.

She wrote the book with her daughter, Carrie, a new quilter. Carrie was the first guinea pig, and they did change some things as Carrie worked her way through, editing the book.

How fun to be doing a mother-daughter project like this!

2 comments:

luv2quilt2 said...

I think I could get a lot of use out of that book. Sometimes I just can't figure out what I did wrong. Thanks for sharing.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

With your recommendation, I purchased this book. It came today!! I'm only on page 27 and have learned SO much!

Thanks for sharing!!