"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Sunday, February 28, 2010

ON THE DESIGN WALL

After finally stitching together the spool blocks, I was able to get out my Pink/Brown and Blue/Brown SBS swap blocks. Well only one set fit, but I do plan to mix them in my quilt. Possible fabrics for sashing, etc. are below.

There's lots to do before I get to this project, but I love walking by them on the wall. It helps with ideas spinning in my head for how to set the blocks and which fabrics to best show them off with.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Those blocks are beautiful, Pat! Can't wait to see what you do with them! I need a design wall like that!

Karen said...

Everything looks good together. I can understand why you like to walk by and look at the blocks.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I'm working on two brown/blue quilts, one our family basket blocks and the other a sixteen patch that we're doing for the neighbor boy's graduation. I'm surprised at how much I enjoy the color combination. I'm also envious of your design wall - at best, I get to lay things out on the floor and hope the cats don't attack.

Joan said...

Great blocks...love the colours...and your design wall