"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Friday, February 5, 2010

HONEYBEE RETREAT

Here I am at the Honeybee Retreat with teacher, Harriet Hargrave. I'm the old, tired, perplexed looking one, seated, trying to wrap my brain around these ideas. Harriet is the younger, perkier one, who quilts expertly on a home sewing machine.

Honestly this is the most intense class I've ever taken. Harriet is a slave driver! We start half an hour earlier than posted, take half the posted lunch time, and no breaks unless you sneak out!

Mind you, I'm not complaining. The class is excellent, and Harriet gives 200% and expects the same of her students. But, phew! I'm tired. And I'm with her for a third day tomorrow!

Carol, my dear friend who's here with me, had a hard time getting this picture, as Harriet is glad to take a photo, but she is not happy when anyone wants to take their mind off the quilting. Keep your mind focussed! Pictures distract. Yikes! Retreat has always been fun. This is intense! I've barely seen Carol, and I don't think the fun will start until after 5:00 tomorrow, when Harriet releases us. Well it will be more like 5:30 or 6:00 or whenever the guild comes in and says the next group needs the room!

I'm not complaining! Really the class is EXCELLENT! She just has so much to offer in so little time, my brain is spinning!

Off to enjoy a glass of wine in my pj's.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh.......this sounds like SO much fun!! Share some of the tips please!!

Missy said...

how fun! what is harriett teaching?

Diane said...

I took a two day class with Harriet a few years ago and you are right, she gives 200% and expects at least 100% from you. I left the class on the first dasy tired and on the second day exhausted! The hard part was I was the designated transportation to take her to the airport (an hour away) and all I wanted to do was sleep. Thankfully my husband came along to drive.