"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

LITTLE RED SCHOOL HOUSE BLOCKS

Today I finished my 12 Little Red School House blocks for the Sarah's Sampler swap. Sarah's Sampler is from the Elm Creek Quilt Series. It is in the very first book, The Quilter's Apprentice, and is the selection of blocks Sarah chose to use for her first quilting lessons with Sylvia. That was way back when Jennifer planned to have a simple series, starting with The Quilter's Apprentice, and ending with The Master Quilter. But there's been many more books than that, as Elm Creek has taken on a life of its own, thanks to talented author, Jennifer Chiaverini.

Here's all my blocks and the three different color combinations I used. No, they are not red. In this swap all blocks are a combination of brown, tan, and blue. Yes, there's blue in there in the sky.


And here is one of my labels.






This has been a fun swap, but I cut it too close to the wire, as the blocks are due to the hostess by the end of the month. And this is one of the hardest school house patterns I've seen, as everything is just a tad different size. Many different cuts, and four templates later, I'm satisfied.



5 comments:

Karen said...

School house blocks! Always a good choice.

Deb said...

Pat this is one of my favorite patterns and you have done an exceptional job!! I love the color combo's for this swap. If I were in the swap I would love these.. thanks for sharing.. great siggy too..

Angela said...

I love your School House blocks, Pat! You did a fantastic job! Can't wait to receive one! :o)

Quilt all day said...

If only I knew about this swap
the schoolhouses are amazing ....this quilt I would love to make for my 50th birthday this November ...i dream of 50 houses made by 50 friends ...do you think I can ask for this?
hugs from sunny Brussels

Debbie Kelly said...

Hi Pat I saw your posting on dear jane. I missed the Retreat this year as I was in Fl. I like your comment about jack the ripper lol the blocks are cute anyway. Dear jane retreats are the best .Claire,Edith,Elaine,Janice and Carol Honderich are all in the guild I belong to in Indiana.They have taught me so much .You are among the best with them. I love your blog also .Debbie Kelly
http:somewhereinstitches.blogspot.com