"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Sunday, March 7, 2010

PRIMITIVE BUNNY

I've been feeling under the weather, but really wanted to sew today. Couldn't do the accuracy needed for patchwork, so what to work on? Then I remembered the bunny contest that was posted on a blog and has come and gone. It was from Nee Nee: http://primpatternsnhandmades.blogspot.com/2010/02/freebie-bunny-pattern.html The bunny was just a line drawing of the body pieces, no directions, no clothing, etc.

It was perfect to work on today. Primitive doesn't have to be exact or perfect. Primitive is primitive. So here's the results of my effort. She doesn't have a name yet, but please tell me what you think she should be called in comments. Her bucket/basket is empty, but I'll work on that. Her pocket is empty too, but I really think she needs something neat in it. Any ideas?

3 comments:

Mary said...

Easter is coming, so I'd put some raffia and/or fabric scraps in her basket. Maybe some fabric rolled into little balls like yarn.

Karen said...

Jelly beans! I saw the contest after the fact but did print out the pattern pieces.

Anonymous said...

Very nice Pat, how about a carrot in the pocket, we always need a snack, better yet make it a chocolate carrot.