"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I'M NOT AMISH

That's what I'm thinking of naming this quilt when it's done.  It's not an Amish quilt unless the quilter is Amish.  These blocks are from a swap in 2010.  I decided to center them with a larger Amish Basket block.  I'll use black for corner triangles on that block.

But then, to sash or not sash?  I'm thinking maybe this gray.  I had one extra block, so the red one (mine) will be used on the back as a label.  I'm thinking of big-stitch quilting it with black thread on the brights -- definitely not Amish.

It will be simmering on the design wall for a while, as I have other things taking priority.  But I am excited to at least get the blocks out of their bag, make the large basket, etc.

2 comments:

Snippets of Carol said...

Nice layout Pat, maybe you try that printed blue stripe border you had on it.

cityquilter grace said...

very nice for amish-style!