"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Monday, October 10, 2011

FLIMSY COMPLETE!

 Yeah!  My quilt top is complete!  I've been working steadily on this quilt for several weeks now, as you know if you've been following along on my blog.  Now to get it quilted soon, "Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise."

The pattern was in McCall's Quilting, Jan/Feb 2011 issue.  It was all set up for a swap among seven.

We each gathered 46 unique Civil War fat quarters. 23 were cut into seven five-inch squares, one for each of us.  
23 others were made into seven criss-cross blocks, one for each of us.

 There were very few duplicates. As far as I know, there are only two repeated fabrics in this entire quilt.

9 comments:

Barb said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish! It is gorgeous--I love the light corner blocks traveling through it, perfect for Civil War fabrics!

Stop by: http://corgitoquiltby.blogspot.com for a giveaway also!

Snippets of Carol said...

Love it and will enjoy having a "change" on the quest room decor at your new place.

Wacky Woman said...

Congratulations on your finish. It is really lovely. Have fun quilting it. Just let it know who the boss is.

Mary L. said...

It looks better each time I see it. Just love this quilt.

Angela said...

Beautiful, Pat! Can't wait to see how you quilt it!

cityquilter grace said...

yep, that's a keeper....gorgeous!

Pokey said...

It really is great! the plaid that shows up (as I mentioned before) is one of my favorite elements in a quilt top. I'm happy for your beautiful finish ~
:-}pokey

LuAnn said...

Beautiful quilt Pat, and it looks just gorgeous on your bed.

Anonymous said...

Love your quilt top. It looks like a nice big one. I'm always amazed in that kind of swap that there are so few repeats in fabrics!