"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Sunday, October 9, 2011

MAGIC FOR MOANA

As you know, I do not have a monetized blog.  I want my blog to be about sharing quilting, not advertising.  But I am sharing this one fundraising effort with you.

This is a blurred photo of Moana (whose name means 'ocean' in Hawaiian).  She went to school with my son, Eric, both in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, and at boarding school in 10th grade at Berkshire.  Eric went on to become an attorney, get married, have two little boys.  Moana's life took a different turn.  As she was riding her bicycle to work, she was hit from behind by a speeding driver, and her life was forever changed.  Her family is struggling to provide her with the best care, and to keep her at home with them.

I am asking family members who normally give me a Christmas present to please donate to this cause instead.

I can vouch that this is a good family and an upstanding cause.  I've placed a link on my side-bar if you would care to read about Moana.  If you are generous you may want to contribute.  I know even the smallest donations are appreciated.  This is in no way a scam.  Those of you who know me know that.  Thanks.

No comments: