"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

WOW = Working On Wednesday

I've been busy selecting and executing a setting for six-inch basket swap blocks that arrived on Monday.  I received 6 straight baskets and 11 on point, so the first challenge was to find a setting to use them together and have everything facing the correct way.

First I put the straight-ons into the center of square-in-a-square blocks.  Then to bring the on-points up to size, I bordered them.  I also made an extra basket to fill in the setting.  I now have 9" finished size blocks.

The setting triangles include the inner border.  Here's a close up.
The blocks are laid out on a twin sized bed in these pics.  Hopefully they will be assembled into a flimsy by the end of the day.  Then to select an outer border, from stash if possible.

You can find out what gals around the world are WOW by hopping over to Esther's blog, here.

12 comments:

Mary said...

Love how the blocks and setting is looking. Good Job!

Wacky Woman said...

Looking good!

Raewyn said...

Well done on figuring out the setting for your basket blocks - this is gong to look lovely!

Carol Sanin said...

that is to cute... I love the quilt

Terry said...

Love your setting. I do believe this is going to be a beautiful quilt:) Hugs

Glenda said...

Cleaver cleaver lady. Great solution to a problem most of us have had to face. Blocks look so cute it's lovely to see them in a quilt. Hugs PS Pat I’m still trying to unclick no reply but I don’t think I have been successful yet???????

Glenda said...

Me again Pat???. I think your wee snow men are so cute, looking forward to seeing the ones you get back. Cheers

Wendy said...

This will be nice when completed....

Angela said...

Lovely! I really like the way you made the blocks go out into the border! Great detail!

Cyn said...

WOW, sure right in this case. You thought up a brilliant settig idea... not easy to do! Good for you.
Hugs,
/; -)

Cyn said...

Oooopsy... that was supposed to be "setting" idea. lol

LuAnn said...

What cute baskets, and I love the setting. I love how all the baskets are different.