"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

BLOCK LOTTO

While blog hopping, I noticed a link to Block Lotto Blog. What fun! I always enjoy joining in-person block lottos. But I didn't realize there was an on-line group doing it.

In 2009 they have been using traditional blocks. I have never seen the block before. It was first published in 1958 in a pamphlet called Easy Quilts by Aunt Martha Studios. I can't imagine getting perfect circles was easy with cardboard templates in 1958, but it is easy with KK Buckley Perfect Circles! And all done by hand -- love it!

These are my first 4 blocks. They are 6" finished size with 4" circles. You can make up to nine blocks this month, so I may do five more. It's very quick.

1 comment:

Micki said...

Glad that you saw my post and decided to join Pat.
It should be fun!
Micki