"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Friday, December 4, 2009

A QUILTER'S HOLIDAY


In Jennifer Chiaverini's newest book, A Quilter's Holiday, the characters get together to quilt the day after Thanksgiving. That's what I did too this year. It was much better than fighting the crowds at the shops!

Jennifer recently asked her fans to create a quilt block representing what they are thankful for this year, and just like in her new book, she will be gathering the blocks to make quilts for charity. The only requirement for these 12" blocks was that it represent what you are thankful for this year, as well as be in autumn colors.

The block pattern I chose is called, "Rock-a-Bye-Baby." It represents my thankfulness for my six grandchildren, ages 18 months thru ten years old. Each and every child on earth is such a glorious gift from God.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Angela said...

I love your block, Pat! It is perfect to represent what you are thankful for! Lovely fabrics, too!