"STITCHING MENDS MY SOUL"

Thursday, October 25, 2012

MINI SWAP QUILT ARRIVES

 
Look what arrived yesterday!  It's my mini-swap quilt from Zoe in South Africa!!!  I just love the colors, and the beautiful trellis borders.  The stitching is so nice, and those button embellishments really make it pop!
 
She included that lovely spoon, which has ethnic beadwork made by rural women in Kwazdu Natal.  I just love that sort of thing, where purchasing it helps the women support themselves.
 


There are two labels on the back, making it even more special.





The packaging was pretty special too -- a tube with tons of cool stamps.  We actually got pretty excited about that too!

So the mini I created went to Australia, and the one living on my sewing room wall came from South Africa.  Making quilting friends around the world, one swap at a time.  Love it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you like it and it arrived safe and sound :) Just as well there was enough room for all the stamps that had to be put on it!!!!!

Enjoy
Love Zoe

Raewyn said...

Wow - gorgeous mini! And the spoon is lovely too. They don't call it the World Wide Web for nothing do they - and I think we are totally entrapped!!

Cyn said...

Darling mini, Pat! The colors are wonderful and the label is really special. I like how Zoe packaged it for shipping... good idea.

Debbie Madigan said...

This is a really pretty wall hanging, Pat, with so much pretty detail. I know you will cherish it!